Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Our Beloved Ducks Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dan Lanning says Dante Moore has Returned to Practice, Status for UCLA Unclear

Featured Replies

  • Administrator
No.

Oregon coach Dan Lanning shared that start quarterback Dante Moore was able to attend the team's Monday practice. Whether he'll play this weekend is another story.

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/article/dan-lanning-says-dante-moore-has-returned-to-practice-status-for-ucla-unclear-290927558/

No.

Thanks for sharing.

Did Coach Lanning say that Dante’s been fully cleared for practice and/or is playing in pads?

If not, I would assume he is stretching, running and throwing without pads, and will not play against UCLA. The worst thing you can do is rush a player back from a concussion, even if the player wants to play. Sometimes it’s the medical staff’s job to protect the player from themself.

Edited by OregonDucks

No.

The article says he was playing with a helmet and pads. However, I would be shocked if he was out there on Saturday.

Edited by GeotechDuck

No.
55 minutes ago, GeotechDuck said:

The article says he was playing with a helmet and pads. However, I would be shocked if he was out there on Saturday.

Agreed. I saw someone elsewhere bring up that simply mentioning Dante is practicing and just leaving it that floats enough info out to the media that would require UCLA to prepare for the possibility of facing either QB, even if the likelihood is minimal. Solid gamesmanship, if nothing else, by Lanning.

No.

I think everyone knows who is going to be starting this game. Lanning should honestly even have Akili Smith Jr taking starting snaps as well and list the availability report this week as Dylan Raiola OR Akili Smith Jr OR Dante Moore. Never tip a hand you don't have to.

  • Author
  • Administrator
No.

I believe usually it takes anywhere between two to four weeks for concussion protocol. I doubt Donte will be playing this week. Most likely could play in the Nebraska or could go further out. Concussions are hard to predict time element wise for complete healing. It can be different for each person and the severity of the hit. I'm sure he is only out there at this time to stay in shape.

What Dante Moore's return to practice means for his status vs. UCLA

Why Dante Moore's practice status means more for the Nebraska game than UCLA

The biggest concern throughout the bye week for the Oregon Ducks has been the health of superstar quarterback Dante Moore. The last time everyone saw Moore, he was being loaded into an ambulance to be taken to the hospital after a disgusting hit by USC's Desman Stephens II. The good news was that additional testing showed no further injuries in addition to the concussion, but concussions are serious injuries that a player can't be rushed back from.

Entering UCLA week, everyone wondered whether or not the Ducks would get their star quarterback back for this Top 25 clash. The news that Dante Moore returned to practice on Monday only added fuel to the speculation about his status for the game.

Autzen Zoo
No image preview

What Dante Moore's return to practice means for his statu...

The biggest concern throughout the bye week for the Oregon Ducks has been the health of superstar quarterback Dante Moore. The last time everyone saw Moore, he

No.

While I think Dylan would play lights out against Nebraska, there is a very real possibility his old teammates cheap shot him (remember big play VA against E. Wash ).

So I hope Dante is ready to play by then. Dante VS UCLA isn't a concern as that team has almost completely turn over since Dante left.

No.

I believe the statement yesterday is that Moore hasn't cleared any return to play protocols yet for returning for a game.

I would be shocked if he was back for this week's game.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.