Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Our Beloved Ducks Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Hype Train Departure Begins

Featured Replies

No.

CBS Sports just posted this article:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/oregon-college-football-biggest-disappointment/

While I believe calling a team "the biggest disappointment" seems very harsh, I will say that the team has not lived up to "expectations".

And therein is the issue: "expectations". The expectation was that even with the departures of Lupoi and Stein, that OBD would hit the ground running without missing a beat.

Turns out, replacing good guys is a challenge and the success you may have had last year isn't and automatic translation to the next year. I am guilty of projecting that success.

One bad game can be considered an abberation. Two bad games, the UCLA game being historically bad, with little improvement is an indication that there are bigger issues

Time will tell if OBD are indeed the "biggest disappointment" of this year.

No.

I am a fan of coaches that take good talent and make it great talent and win games--not so much of the opposite

But all teams eventually lose at some point.

No.

Coach (I use that title lightly) Meh' should be cleaning out his locker as we speak.

I didn't read the article, but whatever they said didn't go far enough.

#FireCoachMeh'

No.

More worried about the portal departure train. Lanning has some serious decisions to make in a hurry around Dec. 1st to rebuild a staff and keep the recruiting class...as well as the existing talent, and figure out the portal needs. The biggest problem has clearly been coaching and schemes.

No.

I called it before the season started: this Oregon team would end up being the Penn State of 2026. I'm personally always skeptical of any Duck team going into each season, but this one had the potential to be truly disastrous given how overblown the hype surrounding this team in the offseason was. The end of this year is (hopefully) going to result in some real soul searching for Lanning on his coaching hires and in-game decision making. If not, then it'll only be a matter of time before he's the one on the chopping block, and I'd hate to see that happen to a coach who seems to have genuinely embraced this team and this place.

No.

The same media that started the hype train are the same media that needs to eat crow.

No.

Yeah. I think the hype before the season was really overblown. I predicted 9-3. Rebuilding the OL and breaking in two new coordinators is going to have its challenges.

No.

The only time I think Oregon will be hyped and competitive is when playing in Socal or against Ohio State. The rest of the time we have front runner vibes and don't seem to collectively care against "lesser" opponents.

I wonder how many yards The Manhunter will run for next week?

No.

That article is very accurate. But fixing the issues will shut down the haters.

How many times before has Oregon looked like it would never bounce back?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.