19 hours ago19 hr No. 3 minutes ago, HappyToBeADuck said:Coach Lanning cost his team this game when he went for the first FAILED 2-point conversion.What was he thinking?If he kicks the extra point then they dont have to go for 2 after the last TD. They could have kicked the extra point and the game is tied.That is on DL.......Yes, Then there is the stupid wildcat nonsense and not pulling Railoa at halftime Edited 19 hours ago19 hr by VegasDuck
19 hours ago19 hr No. You are not going to win any games with 7 turnovers and with bad passing.Best thing about the Duck game today was the uniforms.
19 hours ago19 hr No. 1 hour ago, Jon Joseph said:Have the experienced guys tuned Dan out?I wouldn’t be surprised if they do now. I expect a Penn State finish to the season. It’s all about preparing for the NFL now and not getting injured.
19 hours ago19 hr No. 24 minutes ago, Solar said:No money left after picking up Dylan Raiola.And looking back now was that a good decision?
19 hours ago19 hr Moderator No. 7 minutes ago, HappyToBeADuck said:Coach Lanning cost his team this game when he went for the first FAILED 2-point conversion.Exactly what I was saying. I was hoping Gambling Dan was a thing of the past after the USC before half field goal. There is no benefit to early game gambles. The possible negatives on the other hand can haunt you the rest of the game.
19 hours ago19 hr No. I hoped we would not regret that stupid call for a field goal at the time... Simple math.... No worries though, win all the rest and most likely we are in.. Don't think there is any qb controversy brewing anyways lol... I personally think if we d brought in Akili for second half we probably win..
19 hours ago19 hr No. 49 minutes ago, CO Duck said:Mehringer was terrible at Rutgers, which was the last time he was an offensive coordinator. He’s been a terrible offensive coordinator for Oregon. Promoting him was a bad decision by Lanning; keeping him at this point would be coaching malpractice. Lanning needs to own his mistake and move on.There is a college football advanced statistician who said that Mehringer was a terrible hire before the season started. He is one of the worst offensive coordinators in college football. If I’m not mistaken, Rutgers was one of the worst offenses in all of college football under Mehringer and they got better after he left.Coordinators usually don’t get better with time - they show you exactly who they are early in their careers. You either have it or you don’t.(And if you go back to the announcement on this board, I questioned the hire at the time. I always thought it was a bad hire and Oregon could have don’t much better.) Edited 19 hours ago19 hr by OregonDucks
19 hours ago19 hr Moderator No. Just got back from the store . . . is Jamari on your milk carton also?We had no business coming as close as we did.It will be interesting if the BIG acknowledges the refs mistake on not putting the ball on the 1/2 yd line after the face mask. Also, without the face mask I think Thomas makes the conversion.
19 hours ago19 hr No. Watching the USC-Penn State game. Maybe Oregon’s offense and Riola just aren’t very good and a bad USC defense just made them look better and gave us false hope? They were basically shut down at Oklahoma State (the defense essentially had 2 TDs in that game) and you can’t take anything away from Portland State.
18 hours ago18 hr No. 1 hour ago, CO Duck said:Mehringer was terrible at Rutgers, and then terrible again at New Mexico, which was the last time he was an offensive coordinator. He’s been a terrible offensive coordinator for Oregon. Promoting him was a bad decision by Lanning; keeping him at this point would be coaching malpractice. Lanning needs to own his mistake and move on.When you call a run on the first 3rd down of the game, with 9 defenders in the box, you know it is going to be a long game. All the games of short passes, and very few called to try and get Raiola on track. WTH?
18 hours ago18 hr No. Meh' will be fired and never be an OC again. He has one of the most talented offensive rosters in the country and he drove it off a cliff, quite literally. I have absolutely no idea what I just witnessed. How do you even break down game tape? Dude needs to be fired now. Anything is better than that nonsense
18 hours ago18 hr No. Maybe they could sell those uniforms to the servers at the Rainforest Cafe. I don’t want to ever see those again after this game.🤣59 minutes ago, ecurbs said:You are not going to win any games with 7 turnovers and with bad passing.Best thing about the Duck game today was the uniforms.
15 hours ago15 hr Moderator No. 4 hours ago, OregonDucks said:Watching the USC-Penn State game.Maybe Oregon’s offense and Riola just aren’t very good and a bad USC defense just made them look better and gave us false hope? They were basically shut down at Oklahoma State (the defense essentially had 2 TDs in that game) and you can’t take anything away from Portland State.That was an important road win for Riley and SC.
4 hours ago4 hr No. 15 hours ago, CO Duck said:Mehringer was terrible at Rutgers, and then terrible again at New Mexico, which was the last time he was an offensive coordinator. He’s been a terrible offensive coordinator for Oregon. Promoting him was a bad decision by Lanning; keeping him at this point would be coaching malpractice. Lanning needs to own his mistake and move on.100% correct
4 hours ago4 hr No. After all the preseason hype, this year has been an embarrassment. Big changes need to happen before next season.
4 hours ago4 hr No. 15 hours ago, Desert Duck said:If only our program had more money, better facilities, more media, and more flash...I'm sure we'd play much better.18 hours ago, Jeff Gilligan said:The worst first half of offense in years.And now, the worse game.
2 hours ago2 hr No. No one here wants to say it but Lanning has completely lost this team. He is so painfully out of his element that it's obvious to everyone but the die hard homers. Hefrich 2.0. What coach has done less with more? I wouldn't even keep him as DC...
1 hour ago1 hr No. 40 minutes ago, anyotherduck said:No one here wants to say it but Lanning has completely lost this team. He is so painfully out of his element that it's obvious to everyone but the die hard homers. Hefrich 2.0. What coach has done less with more? I wouldn't even keep him as DC...I don't want to believe this but......... it is looking a bit this way. I hope its not true.
1 hour ago1 hr No. Talk about a double gut punch to the stomach. I was trying to get over the fact that Coach Altman suddenly announced his retirement and now this. This is the type of game that can get a team to unravel very quickly. Hope that Coach Lanning can turn this around soon. If not, this team will circle the drain with no stopping in sight. This also has implications for next season, too. If the losing continues, will recruits reopen their commitments? For all practical purposes, Oregon is playing in a bowl game this year. They are not going to run the table and make it to the CFP. Speaking of, would Duck fans like to see a 24 team CFP now? The Ducks would still have a chance for the playoffs even with this latest defeat.
1 hour ago1 hr No. 19 hours ago, Mike West said:I haven't seen the game. So I don't know what is going on.Six points on offense is an indication there is something seriously off with this group of players. Obviously the offensive line is a massive weakness.Of course the coaches are responsible as well, but clearly the defense is keeping this game from looking worse than the abysmal performance we are witnessing.Never would I imagine an Oregon offense incapable of scoring a touchdown this day and age.How could they look SO much worse than they looked against suc?
Create an account or sign in to comment