Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Our Beloved Ducks Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What to Remember as a Member of This Forum After a Loss...

Featured Replies

  • Administrator
No.

Three items:

1) Keep it clean. We've been this way all along, and we're not changing now. You can write your displeasure without curse words and profanity.

2) Don't get personal with the coaches and players. Now discussing poor player performance or coaching is fine--always has been.

3) Be a loyal fan....not a bandwagon fan. What we are going through...every team has gone through.

4) Don't vent on us. Tell us your negative thoughts, but after a few times--we got it. Beyond that should be on a therapist's couch, not here.

And don't bug out from the forum; we have so many good people here--stay connected and share your thoughts.

My thanks,

Charles

Oregon Poster 26.jpg

Mr. OBD

No.

I am sure I have crossed the line a little. I am super angry. I will try and stop posting for the rest of the day. Sorry Charles.

Man... *$^@%!

No.

Don't worry Log H. I am sure you're echoeing many thoughts and feelings.

We have to adjust our expectations...lots

No.

Hey, anyone want a good deal on a brand new Duck jersey?

I'll never wear it again.

  • Author
  • Administrator
No.

Writing negative is FINE.

Just not the same thing twenty times is all. Discussion of player performance and coaching decisions that is negative is FINE.

I swear....people don't know the difference. What do I do? Allow anything? Then you have things go to pot in a hurry. Yet if I try to take the worst over-the-top away....people become scared to write a post at all.

This is not hard; how do I convey it?

Mr. OBD

No.

Message Board meltdowns are both frustrating and understandable. We all need to know our limits. I tell myself it’s better to wait if I think I might cross lines. There’s a significant amount of self-talk on a day like today.

But brother, it ain’t easy.

No.

At least Texas lost to an UNRANKED opponent -__it happens.

No.
37 minutes ago, Charles Fischer said:

Writing negative is FINE.

Just not the same thing twenty times is all. Discussion of player performance and coaching decisions that is negative is FINE.

I swear....people don't know the difference. What do I do? Allow anything? Then you have things go to pot in a hurry. Yet if I try to take the worst over-the-top away....people become scared to write a post at all.

This is not hard; how do I convey it?

In other words, just be polite? I read Miss Manners' book many years ago, and that made it easy for me to comment and still be polite. On a long-gone sports message board another poster said he was impressed how I could verbally body-slam someone, and still be polite. Of course, I was talking about other teams, not the Ducks, so that helped. 😉

No.

If you are too mad, then don't post. You won't be able to control yourself. And if you are in that kind of state of mind, you probably won't have anything sensible to say either - just spewing anger about how much they suck.

And if you do make a point, you won't recall that you just said that 30 seconds ago and will repeat yourself over and over again.

Once you settle down a little and realize that it is just a game, then you should be fine and be able to dissect the game like a sports fan and not a raving maniac.

So on a scale of 1 to 10 about how teed off you are, if you are an 8 or above, you should wait to post until you come down a little. That is my 2 cents for whatever it's worth.

LSU in overtime with Kentucky.

Oklahoma beat Texas.

Nebraska almost beat Indiana.

Just because you have good players, winning is no longer automatic. It is a new world.

And just because your team lost, it doesn't mean your program is down the toilet.

Lots of good teams will have a few losses this year.

No.

Man, I was absolutely wrung out by the time the clock hit 0.00 in Autzen today. I immediately was cast in to another hand wringing contest in Tuscaloosa that, fortunately and thankfully, turned out better for me. As I have matured (I turned 80 this year), I have slowly learned to take defeat with disappointment rather than bitterness or anger. It is part of becoming a true fan rather than a sour critic. Hang in there Duck fans.

  • Moderator
No.

AMEN Charles, AMEN!

What is the mood tonight on the Texas, Bama, LSU, Florida, Texas A&M, and Bama boards?

Heading into Week 7, the B1G has two undefeated teams: 6-0 Indiana and

5-0 UCLA.

Six B1G teams have one loss: Ohio State, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, and Wisconsin.

The SEC has one undefeated team, 6-0 Georgia.

Seven SEC Teams have one loss: Alabama, Kentucky, Ole Miss, MS State, Missouri, Tennessee, and Texas.

Having a big budget does not mean a team will be great. Ask Michigan and Texas A&M fans.

For whatever reason(s), a veteran team has been dysfunctional since the opening game.

After Dante went down, there was unity and purpose in LA, and a will to win that disappeared during the bye week. A will to win that has been missing this season.

Entropy infects every system. Complacency allows chaos to come through the door. Exhibit A is the behemoth IBM that was almost taken down by two college dropouts with a better idea.

Faulty evaluations were made in the off-season that have come home to roost.

It's terribly disappointing to go from a team ranked 2nd in the preseason to this. But keep on supporting the team and hope that Dan will not allow a disappointing season to morph into the situations at Clemson and Penn State.

Back against the wall, do the best to win seven straight. A nasty Nebraska team is headed to Eugene in Week 7, a team that played its guts out against Indiana and is every bit as talented as UCLA, including at QB.

Fans of every team in every sport will suffer depression. It's the nature of competition. Teams lose, which is OK; playing without a will to win is inexcusable.

HUSK the Huskers!

  • Moderator
No.
19 minutes ago, Nevada Dawg said:

Man, I was absolutely wrung out by the time the clock hit 0.00 in Autzen today. I immediately was cast in to another hand wringing contest in Tuscaloosa that, fortunately and thankfully, turned out better for me. As I have matured (I turned 80 this year), I have slowly learned to take defeat with disappointment rather than bitterness or anger. It is part of becoming a true fan rather than a sour critic. Hang in there Duck fans.

Heck of a Win! That game was PHYSICAL!

Tomorrow, your Dawgs will deservedly be ranked Numero Uno!

No.
4 hours ago, DanLduck said:

Hey, anyone want a good deal on a brand new Duck jersey?

I'll never wear it again.

Not wearing my Oregon bling around this Washington town until we win again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.