Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Our Beloved Ducks Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Has College Football Lost Its Way?

Featured Replies

No.

I am thoroughly disgusted with the antics on the field yesterday in college football. We are all well informed about the Moore situation.

Added to the disgusting play and celebration were the fans in the stands fighting and the clash between sUc players clashing with Oregon players in the tunnel after the game.

We had punches thrown in the Bama v South Carolina game with no flag thrown

Sacs celebrated with mimicking machine gun fire and urinating on the player.

This is getting out of hand and people will/are getting seriously hurt. This needs to stop now.

No.
1 minute ago, Log Haulin said:

I am thoroughly disgusted with the antics on the field yesterday in college football. We are all well informed about the Moore situation.

Added to the disgusting play and celebration were the fans in the stands fighting and the clash between sUc players clashing with Oregon players in the tunnel after the game.

We has punches thrown in the Bama v South Carolina game with no flag thrown

Sacs celebrated with mimicking machine gun fire and urinating on the player.

This is getting out of hand and people will/are getting seriously hurt. This needs to stop now.

And there was supposed to be greater focus on unsportsmanlike actions this season. At least based on the rules changes where they said they would be focusing more on unsportsmanlike behavior.

But I suppose that's optional.

  • Author
No.
2 minutes ago, David Marsh said:

And there was supposed to be greater focus on unsportsmanlike actions this season. At least based on the rules changes where they said they would be focusing more on unsportsmanlike behavior.

But I suppose that's optional.

Makes me sick. I don't want to lose my love for College football. I also don't want to support an organization that turns a blind eye to the behavior we saw yesterday across the sport

  • Administrator
No.

It is not just college football....it is the current culture we now live in...of what humanity has become.

I thought having a "Safe" place to post would end up with ten-times the number of OBD members we currently have...and don't. Why? Because most people do NOT want to be polite to each other; they want to write what they want to write--when they want to write it. We have lost great members who would email me and tell them how much they loved the rationality of the forum.

That is, until he/she broke a rule. Then I was supposed to ignore it, as the rules applied to everyone else, but not them!

Even now...I have asked everyone UMPTEEEN times to please place caps in their titles.....to tell us in their title what the post is about? To please put vertical paragraph-like spacing after every three sentences so that everyone can read the posts easily.

But most ignore me.

And when I email them or phone them to please reciprocate the same courtesy that others extend to them...what do they do? They quit posting.

I lose no matter what, so I end up correcting posts every single day...and never say anything to anyone because I am the bad guy when I do. All I want are titles and posts that are easy for everyone to understand and read. But they view the problem as "yours-truly," and not them, thus what I ask for is ignored.

I even had to make corrections in this thread, so yeah....people are not as nice and courteous as they used to be.

I know all about it.

Mr. OBD

No.

I don't recall ever watching anything quite like that scene following the hit on Dante. The parallels of seeing a player knocked out with his body fencing, interlaced with shots of the person who injured him dancing around the field celebrating, then shots of paramedics tending to the injured player, switching back to the offending player celebrating with teammates on the sideline, then ambulance, followed by him smiling and laughing as it's announced that he's been ejected from the game.

It almost didn't seem real.

I actually felt a bit embarrassed to be watching it all unfold alongside my kids.

As others have said in articles and forums all over: the hit was dirty but yes, the slide was a bit late and play happens fast... It was obviously targeting, and a dirty play, but had that kid shown remorse, or even some level of concern for the health of the human he just aggregiously injured, the conversation is a lot different today. It was his behavior afterward, which was simply inhumane and unacceptable in a civilized society, that made the whole thing almost unbelievable to witness.

I really hope there are material repercussions in the wake of it, but I'm not holding my breath.

So glad to hear that Dante should be ok.

No.

USC lost more than a game yesterday. They also lost their integrity. I fully expected to wake up to the news that Riley was gone this morning. Guess not.

I never, ever thought I would say this in my lifetime, but go Huskies. I hope they beat the crap out of USC next week.

Edited by GeotechDuck

  • Moderator
No.
1 hour ago, Log Haulin said:

I am thoroughly disgusted with the antics on the field yesterday in college football. We are all well informed about the Moore situation.

Added to the disgusting play and celebration were the fans in the stands fighting and the clash between sUc players clashing with Oregon players in the tunnel after the game.

We had punches thrown in the Bama v South Carolina game with no flag thrown

Sacs celebrated with mimicking machine gun fire and urinating on the player.

This is getting out of hand and people will/are getting seriously hurt. This needs to stop now.

The more things change ...

I attended the SC vs. Notre Dame in South Bend when the boys got into a fight in the tunnel at halftime.

SC is undisciplined from the HC down to the towel boys.

  • Moderator
No.
No.

Collin Simmons is the sort of knucklehead who, when using a public lavatory, misses the toilet and hits the seat.

No.
22 minutes ago, Triphibius said:

Collin Simmons is the sort of knucklehead who, when using a public lavatory, misses the toilet and hits the seat.

It took a while, but I finally discovered that the trick is to first... and this part is critical, lift up the seat.

When this tactic is implemented, I find that my success rate of not whizzing on the toilet seat is a crazy 100%. 😉🤔

No.

I'm rewatching the game this afternoon just to see the positive play from OBD. So proud of how they responded to the hit on Dante.

Not all is lost. 🦆

  • Author
No.
13 minutes ago, Krsmqn said:

I'm rewatching the game this afternoon just to see the positive play from OBD. So proud of how they responded to the hit on Dante.

Not all is lost. 🦆

Check out the pass pro from the RBs. I haven't rewatched but it seemed they took a step up from last year.

No.

"You can take the thug out of the street, but not the street out of the thug. From the looks of the SC sidelines as the Moore injury situation played out, thuggishness appears to be ingrained in their football culture."

This (above) is what I intended to post, UNTIL I read this letter of apology (link below). While I'm still angry about the whole "disgusting" episode, ultimately the higher road requires me to acknowledge once again that "to err is human, to forgive is divine."

https://usctrojans.com/news/2026/9/27/usc-football-issues-suspension-and-statement-regarding-desman-stephens-ii

Edited by John Charles

No.
4 hours ago, bbmichaels said:

As others have said in articles and forums all over: the hit was dirty but yes, the slide was a bit late and play happens fast... It was obviously targeting, and a dirty play, but had that kid shown remorse, or even some level of concern for the health of the human he just aggregiously injured, the conversation is a lot different today. It was his behavior afterward, which was simply inhumane and unacceptable in a civilized society, that made the whole thing almost unbelievable to witness.

Sorry, but It wasn't just that player's lack of remorse or his actually enjoying his new-found celebrity status on the Trojan bench, it was all those other SC players who were congratulating him on his magnificent accomplishment ... while the SC coaches appeared to be unaware of or simply went on ignoring that disgusting behavior.

That leaves the kind of stain on a program and its coaches and players that no amount of soap can wash out.

  • Moderator
No.
2 hours ago, Krsmqn said:

I'm rewatching the game this afternoon just to see the positive play from OBD. So proud of how they responded to the hit on Dante.

Not all is lost. 🦆

Oregon had one of the tougher opening four games in CFB. Oregon is 2-1 against the top 25, with a road loss and a road win.

Compare Oregon's schedule with Notre Dame, Miami, and Texas Tech. Against these schedules, Oregon would be 4-0.

All is still there to win.

  • Moderator
No.

The USC team rejection - from players through head coach - of taking responsibility at the time for what happened to Dante Moore clearly reveals the level of desperation they have now arrived at to win. They are willing to now celebrate (players) or ignore (coaches) endangering behavior by their own in order to maintain game time momentum, no matter the cost to an opposing player, or their own reputation.

To acknowledge their egregious behavior a day later is just crocodile tears. That’s a program that has lost its way.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.