1 hour ago1 hr No. Please correct me where I am wrong as I don't understand all the football rules but....As far as I understand the nanosecond a QB starts to slide they are down.Looking at the stills Dante starts sliding while the defender is still somewhat upright.His "tackle" was aimed at the shin level of an upright runner so I think he would have done a more traditional tackle if he thought Moore was running.So by my understanding his shoulder missile was intentionally aimed at where he thought Moore's head/shoulder area was going to be.So I just don't get the excuse making even by so called experts victim blaming Moore for sliding late. I have watched it over and over and looked at stills and cannot grasp how that can be anything but an intentionally head seeeking hit on a runner that is by rule already down.Then USC allows that utterly half hearted "apologies" to come out. They both seemed fake and insincere. I would much rather no apology be issues than a scumbag in sheep's clothing apology come out. Heck, Chris Simmspleton issued a seemingly more sincere apology.I didn't hate USC at all before but they are now part of my Unholy Hate Trinity with OSewe and The Montlake Bundyies...welcome SoCal Orenthals.Insert every curse word here.
1 hour ago1 hr No. Agreed. Not to mention everyone knows the QB is going to slide. It's absolutely just a matter of touching him down when he does. Should be a rule in fact. The guy was trying to injure him. He was headhunting. He lunged forward, and loaded his elbow for the kill shot. And despite hitting with his shoulders, the elbow motion was for more momentum. He would have hit him with his helmet if it were allowed. It was viscous, malicious, and highly intentional. Ever since that Pitt QB faked a slide, and they changed the rules so QBs couldn't do that, it has been obvious players are trying to hurt QBs that slide. All players have to do is breakdown and wait for the slide. Then walk up and tap him on the shoulder pads. It's not even debatable. The plays when RBs and WRs make an unconventional move is when you see hits like that. That is the only time you give a defender the benefit of the doubt. And those should be a five yard penalty and an automatic first down. People are making excuses for guys to intentionally injure QBs that will always slide in the open field.
23 minutes ago23 min Moderator No. All we had to see was the celebration afterwards to know it was intentional.
16 minutes ago16 min No. Nice right plant foot for the drive into Dante... absolutely obvious from this angle.
6 minutes ago6 min No. 1 hour ago, Mike West said:It's absolutely just a matter of touching him down when he does. In college, you don’t even need to touch a player when his knee is down, he’s down. Not sure about the NFL.
Create an account or sign in to comment