9 hours ago9 hr No. After a bye week, the offense was clearly not ready. But I was super impressed with how the defense is coming along. Since I have not yet retired, I'm not sure I want to watch this on my Sat afternoons. I will probably just watch replays from now on. I could go into a deep hole on this, but I won't. They took way too long to switch QBs. That is all I will say about the details. Their playoff chances are done unless they win out and beat down Ohio St. and start looking like a playoff team.The defense today looked every part a playoff defense except for a couple of blown assignments. I believe this game happened due to the OC hire. So that part is very fixable. They still almost pulled it out. Lanning can hire an offensive "consultant" and try to clean up this mess. I hope he does and does it this week. Even after all the bad play this year with one of college's best rosters, I am still optimistic on the Ducks, but Lanning has to learn and grow as a head coach. So as a fan, how I see this team has changed. They have good players, but their coaching and managing has to become elite or they will keep laying eggs from time to time. The OC hire is starting to look as bad as the the Brady Hoke DC hire. But as long as the team has great players, I am confident they can recover.
9 hours ago9 hr No. "Does this game change you as a fan?"No... but it does remind me of shades of the 70s & 80s Duck football program.
9 hours ago9 hr No. At least I don’t have to wait until the playoffs to have my hopes destroyed again…
9 hours ago9 hr Moderator No. Just now, Desert Duck said:"Does this game change you as a fan?"No, just adds another frustration to a long line of them.I'll keep coming back until the only thing I see is the inside roof of my coffin.
9 hours ago9 hr No. Doesn't change my fandom but it does change my perception of what our team really is now
9 hours ago9 hr No. Still a fan, ALWAYS will be.Just tells me that my expectations need to be adjusted.
8 hours ago8 hr Author No. 4 minutes ago, OregonDucks said:At least I don’t have to wait until the playoffs to have my hopes destroyed again…Good Point! Now I have three weeks to forget about it and enjoy my Halloween. Meanwhile, I am going to try to NOT think about Oregon turning into Clemson.
8 hours ago8 hr No. Maybe. That was an utter disaster. If I was Moore, I would declare and not risk my health in another game. Not for this leadership.
8 hours ago8 hr No. I had been sort of planning for how I would watch the next 4 games in the midst of anniversary travel plans and family gatherings. Now I'm not.
8 hours ago8 hr No. 34 minutes ago, oregon123 said:Good Point! Now I have three weeks to forget about it and enjoy my Halloween. Meanwhile, I am going to try to NOT think about Oregon turning into Clemson.At least clemson won 2 NC's. We're not anywhere near clemsons level.
8 hours ago8 hr No. It's a shock to watch a complete collapse of a team that looks strangely similar to Penn State's last year.I can't figure out how Lanning lost this group, but he has. He has looked worried most of this year. And it would have been a very eerie version of the Ducks versus Them documentary/propaganda piece this time had OBD won the game. I'll support this team until my cold dead hands lose their grip in death.
8 hours ago8 hr No. 42 minutes ago, Log Haulin said:Maybe. That was an utter disaster. If I was Moore, I would declare and not risk my health in another game. Not for this leadership.He beer get back on the field and earn his 5 million and a shot at the pros's.
7 hours ago7 hr No. 1 hour ago, oregon123 said:After a bye week, the offense was clearly not ready. But I was super impressed with how the defense is coming along.Since I have not yet retired, I'm not sure I want to watch this on my Sat afternoons. I will probably just watch replays from now on.I could go into a deep hole on this, but I won't. They took way too long to switch QBs. That is all I will say about the details.Their playoff chances are done unless they win out and beat down Ohio St. and start looking like a playoff team.The defense today looked every part a playoff defense except for a couple of blown assignments.I believe this game happened due to the OC hire. So that part is very fixable. They still almost pulled it out.Lanning can hire an offensive "consultant" and try to clean up this mess. I hope he does and does it this week.Even after all the bad play this year with one of college's best rosters, I am still optimistic on the Ducks, but Lanning has to learn and grow as a head coach.So as a fan, how I see this team has changed. They have good players, but their coaching and managing has to become elite or they will keep laying eggs from time to time.The OC hire is starting to look as bad as the the Brady Hoke DC hire. But as long as the team has great players, I am confident they can recover.I have to take a hard look at the entire picture before I make definitive judgements on the coaching staff.There are mountains of evidence to pour over. But I am sure the team's confidence is shattered.I do know this: same as it ever was is a recipe for disaster. I'd rather see a 1890s scheme than what we have seen the past three years. But that's just me.We have to let nature take it's course while Lanning decides what he is going to do. Edited 7 hours ago7 hr by Mike West
6 hours ago6 hr No. UO is more than a single coach or team, we will be fine in the long term. With the expanded playoff we've all but missed the window win a natty with any reasonable certainty even if we do have a national caliber team.We just need to be grateful as fans when we play well. To think we almost won the game today with an absolute dumpster fire performance of the offense is amazing.
6 hours ago6 hr Author No. 1 hour ago, Mike West said:It's a shock to watch a complete collapse of a team that looks strangely similar to Penn State's last year.I can't figure out how Lanning lost this group, but he has. He has looked worried most of this year.And it would have been a very eerie version of the Ducks versus Them documentary/propaganda piece this time had OBD won the game.I'll support this team until my cold dead hands lose their grip in death.I have a strange feeling that this team will be up and down for the rest of the season. I would not be surprised if Dante came back and beat Ohio St. I would also not be surprised if they lost more games to unranked opponents. I suspect Lanning lost the group with his offseason decisions, including coaching hires/promotions and lack of portal moves on the O line. He probably over-estimated how ready his team was to compete for a championship this year. I was shocked to see how much accuracy DR lost in two weeks.
5 hours ago5 hr No. We saw the very best version of our team against USC, with everyone locked in, and they were barely beating them. It was USC at it's best, but honestly I still expected our ceiling to be higher, but it isn't.I do agree we will be up and down the rest of the year, with the real challenge being keeping a bunch of players who can say "oh, well at least I got mine (NIL)" once we lose a third game and we no longer have "everything in front of us."Coach Lanning's greatest strength and greatest weakness is the personal connection. It carries the team through rough times, but biases what should be tough business decisions.
4 hours ago4 hr No. I'm a Duck fan for life.But if our roster is really getting paid more than $40 MILLION!!?I'm at a loss for words of understanding.
4 hours ago4 hr No. No. OBD 4 LIFE!! 😁What it does is remind me that college football is hard. Sustaining success is hard. And that we have had a LOT of success, so a few losses here and there doesn't mean it's the end of the world.
Create an account or sign in to comment